Tips for getting rid of fruit flies
Do you have an acute fruit fly alert? We will tell you about the best home remedies for fruit flies that are guaranteed to get rid of pests.
Home remedies for fruit flies: get rid of them completely!
Besides spiders and mosquitoes, fruit flies are probably one of the most disliked housemates. A banana peel in the trash and an army of annoying pests are already creeping in. To get rid of fruit flies quickly, most use special fruit fly traps.
But you can save money for it, because there are many home remedies against fruit flies that at least work. With just a few supplies and simple steps, you can make effective fruit fly traps yourself. You can find out how it works here!
Home remedies for fruit flies: Vinegar as a secret weapon
Fruit flies are also called vinegar flies, and the name is no accident. In addition to immature or rotting fruit, fruit flies are particularly attracted to the smell of vinegar. You can take advantage of the love for vinegar and use it as a home remedy for fruit flies.
Home remedies for fruit flies: Homemade fruit fly trap
You can easily make a fruit fly trap yourself with vinegar.
For this you need:
– a sip of juice
– dish soap
– Transparent film
– a glass
Here’s how it works:
1. Put some vinegar (especially fruit fly like apple, white wine or balsamic vinegar) into a glass.
2. Add a sip of juice and then a drop of dish soap.
3. Pull a piece of cling film over the glass and fix the film tightly around the glass with a rubber band.
4. Punch holes in the stretched foil with a fork.
5. Place the homemade fruit fly trap on your counter.
How does a homemade fruit fly trap work?
The fruit fly is attracted to the smell of vinegar and juice and enters the glass through holes in the foil. The foil prevents them from finding their way out again. The detergent in the vinegar and juice mixture reduces the surface tension of the liquid. When trying to land on the surface, fruit flies sink and drown.
You will learn: You have already caught a large number of fruit flies with this home remedy after one night. If you have a huge plague in the kitchen or apartment, you can make more of these fruit fly traps yourself and set them up in different places.
Home remedies for fruit flies without vinegar: a mixture of yeast and sugar
Vinegar is an effective home remedy for fruit flies, but homemade fruit fly traps have one major drawback: they smell like vinegar. If you don’t like this smell at all, you can try another vinegar-free home remedy for fruit flies: a mixture of dry yeast and sugar. You can also use it to make an effective fruit fly decoy without using chemicals.
For this you need:
– a pack of dry yeast
– some warm water
– a teaspoon of sugar
– a glass
– Stretch film
Here’s how it works:
1. Put the dry yeast in the jar.
2. Add a small sip of warm water.
3. Add a teaspoon of sugar and a drop of dish soap and mix well.
4. Stretch the cling film tightly over the glass.
5. Makes holes in the foil.
6. Attach a rubber band around the glass to keep the foil rigid.
How does a fruit fly trap work without vinegar?
The effect of a homemade fruit fly trap without vinegar is very similar to that with vinegar. Because the yeast-sugar mixture also emits a leavening odor that attracts fruit flies. Here, too, fruit flies sink while trying to land on the surface.
Home remedies for fruit flies: tomato leaves
In addition to fruit fly traps with or without vinegar, you can also use another fruit fly home remedy: tomato leaves. They emit an intense scent that we humans find pleasant but fruit flies dislike at all. Take a few leaves from a tomato plant and place them next to your fruit basket. This makes it unattractive to fruit flies.
The disadvantage of this home remedy against fruit flies: You need a tomato plant in the garden or on the balcony.
Get rid of fruit flies: start the vacuum cleaner!
With home remedies and self-made traps against fruit flies, you can significantly reduce the number of fruit flies in your kitchen and apartment. If there are still a few stubborn samples left, you should vacuum them.
With it, you can get rid of fruit flies quickly and easily, and you can also remove dust mice or spider webs. Win-win, that is!
Get rid of fruit flies in the kitchen: This is how they stay away permanently
You can control the epidemic with home remedies against fruit flies. But if you keep fruit or juices in the open in your kitchen, the pests will come back faster than you would like. That’s why it’s important to find food sources for fruit flies. Try to eat fruit quickly before they start to rot, and store them in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Make sure juice or vinegar bottles are tightly closed and that no liquid is left in the neck of the bottle. Because just one drop may be enough to attract new fruit flies. Empty bottles, such as beer or soda bottles, can also attract fruit flies if there is some liquid at the bottom of the bottle. Stay away from him!
Another fruit fly magnet is the trash can. If you want to get rid of fruit flies, you should quickly remove fruit wastes and organic wastes from the apartment. Also, make sure there are no tears or holes in the garbage bags where liquid can spill. In this case, you should thoroughly wash the litter box before putting in a new litter bag.
- Out of body experience and lucid dreaming explained
- The Last of Us has become the Latest victim of hackers!!!
- Cough and how to treat it – all you need to know
- Intensive Yoga: Yoga workout for body and mind
- How sport and exercise alleviate suffering
- Depression, get out of melancholy
- This is what happens to you when you meditate daily
- These are the effects fish can have on your psyche; Surprising consequences
- Are you suffering from burnout?
- Everything for beauty; It is intended to rejuvenate, smooth,…
- Who is a ketogenic diet suitable for?
- Risks of the Keto Diet
- Ketogenic diet, These foods are forbidden
- How does the keto diet work?
- KETO DIET: THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES