This easy creamy broccoli soup takes just 30 minutes to make, is delicious and is packed with healthy minerals and vitamins. That’s how it’s done!
Refine broccoli cream soup deliciously
Round off the broccoli cream soup by drizzled with a little olive oil or whipped cream before serving. In addition to roasted almond slivers or flaked almonds, other roasted nuts and seeds, croutons or parsley are also suitable as a topping. If you like, you can simply lift out a few broccoli florets with a slotted spoon in step 1 halfway through the cooking time and add them to the finished cream soup as a garnish at the end. Would you like to prepare the broccoli cream soup vegan? Use margarine or vegan butter and replace the whipped cream with coconut milk. This also gives the soup a delicious exotic note. Mmmm!
Broccoli Cream Soup – Recipe:
- 2 tbsp almond slivers
- 1 onion
- 500 g broccoli (alternatively frozen)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 500 ml vegetable stock (instant)
- 100 grams of whipped cream
- 1 tbsp light sauce thickener
- Salt pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
Broccoli Cream Soup Preparation
- Roast the almond slivers in a coated pan without oil. Peel onion and chop finely. Trim, wash and divide the broccoli into florets. Peel and dice the broccoli stalks.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion in it. Add prepared or alternatively frozen broccoli and sauté briefly. Deglaze with broth and cook covered for about 15 minutes.
- Finely puree the broccoli in the broth with a hand blender. Stir in the cream and sauce thickener and briefly bring the soup to the boil again. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Serve the broccoli cream soup garnished with the slivers of almonds.