Have you tried quinoa salad with feta yet? It looks like grain, it tastes like grain, but it’s not grain. We’re talking about quinoa. Contrary to popular belief, quinoa is not a grain but a seed.
Therefore, quinoa is also gluten-free, has a particularly large amount of protein and is also very healthy. Its nutty aroma goes perfectly with summer salads. Together with lots of vegetables, fresh herbs and feta, you can conjure up a great salad from quinoa.
This quinoa salad with feta spiced up with some mint and lots of fresh vegetables is the perfect lunch in the office or a delicious side dish for a summer barbecue.
What is quinoa salad?
- Quinoa salad is a salad made with the South American pseudo-grain.
- Quinoa convinces with plenty of fiber, high-quality protein and complex carbohydrates and goes well with vegetables in a summery salad.
- Quinoa salad is super easy and sure to succeed! For the salad, cook the quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Dice the vegetables and herbs of your choice and mix with the cooled quinoa and any dressing.
- Leave the quinoa salad in the fridge for one to two hours and enjoy it cool.
- Before preparing quinoa, the grain must be thoroughly rinsed with water to flush the bitterness from the outer layer of quinoa. It is best to use a fine sieve for this, as the seeds are very small and would otherwise slip through.
- Around 120 g of quinoa are required for 2 large portions of ouinoa salad. After rinsing, boil the grain with approx. 200g broth and let it swell for 20 minutes so that the seeds are al dente and do not boil down to a soft pulp.
- Quinoa salad is the perfect meal prep dish for an office lunch. Prepared the day before and filled into a glass, it is a healthy lunch for on the go.
What goes well with quinoa salad?
Quinoa salad is the perfect side salad for a barbecue. It goes well with fish, meat but also with grilled tofu.
Quinoa salad with feta also tastes great as a main course without a side dish.
How long does quinoa salad keep in the fridge?
The salad will keep in a fresh storage box in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The lemon juice in the dressing keeps the veggies fresh and crunchy, so the salad will still be fresh and delicious 3 days later.
How Many Calories Does Quinoa Salad Have?
Quinoa salad is a very low-calorie dish. Cooked quinoa has just 150 kcal per 100 grams.
Mixed with lots of vegetables and herbs, you get a delicious and very healthy salad with lots of flavor and few calories.