Mediterranean baked vegetables with yoghurt and tomato sauce
1 large aubergine(s), sliced
1 large zucchini, sliced
1 kg of pointed peppers, green, Turkish, can also be Hungarian
500 g potato(s)
500 grams of yoghurt
1 large can of pizza tomatoes or peeled tomatoes
1 garlic clove(s)
A very popular and delicious summer dish from Turkey. In the summer, all kitchens smell of this dish. Just try it, very tasty.
The quantities are variable. You can also take more or less – depending on your preference. The recipe looks very long, but don’t worry, it’s not much.
Peel the aubergines and the zucchini in half (alternate, just striped) and then cut into slices, not too thick slices (1 – 2 cm). Clean the peppers and cut into 2 to 3 pieces.
Peel the potatoes and cut according to taste. Slices are also typical here, not too thick – but not as thin as chips. Now wash all the vegetables and place in a towel or kitchen towel to drain. The vegetables should definitely be drained thoroughly.
Now there are two ways to prepare the vegetables. The calorie-conscious and easier way and the typical traditional way. I’ll describe both briefly.
For the simple variant, place the vegetables in a large casserole dish or on a large baking sheet after draining. Salt and drizzle with olive oil.
Mix all the vegetables well. The oil can be more or less depending on your taste – the more oil you use, the tastier the veggies will be.
Preheat the oven and simply slide the vegetables on the tray into the oven at approx. 200°C top/bottom heat. The cooking time varies depending on the quantity and taste. If you like it al dente, you can get it out earlier. But it should definitely be in the oven for half an hour.
For the traditional version, salt the vegetables after draining. Heat a lot of oil in a pan and fry the vegetables one by one. It doesn’t matter which vegetable you start with. Here, too, it is a matter of taste how long the vegetables remain in the pan.
This method is a bit time consuming. But you can save a lot of time if you have a pizza pan, which is quite large. You can then put larger quantities in the pan and it goes faster.
Tip: If you have a balcony and a pizza pan or fryer, you can also prepare the dish on the balcony. Then the kitchen doesn’t smell like food and it stays clean and the neighbors get jealous because it smells so good.
Simply put the canned tomatoes in a pan or pot. Salt a little and also add garlic to taste and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
Arrange the finished vegetables on a platter or in a deeper dish. First add the vegetables, then the yoghurt and finally the finished tomato sauce. But you can also serve the yoghurt and tomato sauce extra and everyone takes what they want on their plate.
- Favorite Game of Millions of Children What is Roblox?
- Celebrity wedding dresses – Here are 10 Wedding Dress Ideas
- Flash! Johnny Depp and Amber Heard are making movies
- 10 Truths About the British Royal Family That They Keep Silenced
- Why didn’t the Buckingham Royal Family like American Meghan?
- Middle age and beyond, Beware of poor circulation 10 Danger!
- When and where will the coronation of King Charles III take place?
- It’s too early to prosecute Trump for missing documents and falsified lists
- The world is on the brink of nuclear war! This guy must be crazy!!!
- Postpone your European holiday !!! The European Union will live a new glacial age!
- FLASH!!! The Russians started to escape! Istanbul tickets rose to 2000$! The eye of the world is in Putin…
- Here is the Queen buried with jewels and dress!!!
- Kate Middleton and Prince William’s titles changed after Queen
- Buckingham broke his silence! Flash Prince Harry statement from the Royal Family
- Collected ‘amazing stone samples’ from Mars!